Leopoldina - National Academy of Sciences

Leopoldina - National Academy of Sciences

Germany’s National Academy of Sciences set up its headquarters on Jägerplatz in Halle in 2012. The building, which has undergone extensive renovation over the past few years, is a richly historical example of Halle architecture. Banked up in the sixteenth century to form the ramparts of Moritzburg Castle, the plot of land was acquired in 1792 by the Freemason’s lodge Zu den Drei Degen (At the Sign of the Three Daggers), which built the first Masonic house.

Jägerberg 1
06108 Halle (Saale)